Looks Like Books contains affiliate links and is a member of the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. If you make a purchase using one of these affiliate links I may receive compensation at no extra cost to you. See my Disclaimer to learn more.
Regardless of whether you’re already a huge fan of Agatha Raisin mysteries, or you’ve only just been introduced to this charming sleuth, Agatha Raisin currently has quite a few adventures under her belt, and keeping track of them all can be a bit of a challenge. So this complete list of Agatha Raisin books in order will help you keep everything organized and not miss out on any of Agatha’s adventures (or misadventures)!
So, are you already familiar with Agatha Raisin?
If not, let me introduce you. The Agatha Raisin books are what I would consider traditional British cozy mysteries that feature an amateur sleuth. Agatha Raisin is that sleuth.
Agatha Raisin is a fictional London PR executive who recently retired to the lovely Cotswolds. She’s trying to build her new life in a small village in the Cotswolds, but quickly learns that she’ll have to be a resident there for a long time before she’s considered a “local.”
After all, many people in the village think those who arrived 30 years ago are still newcomers!
It doesn’t sound like this is going to be an easy transition for Agatha. But, she stays busy by sticking her nose into small village business, and sometimes that leads to murder!
Agatha, of course, is on hand to lend a helping hand to solve the crime. Much to the dismay of the local authorities who definitely don’t welcome her snooping.
Agatha Raisin has many, many adventures so this list of all the Agatha Raisin books in order should help you sort that out.
- Who Is the Author of Agatha Raisin?
- Is The Agatha Raisin Book Series Over?
- Agatha Raisin Books In Order – Agatha Raisin Mysteries
- Agatha Raisin Books In Order – Short Stories
- FAQs About Agatha Raisin Mysteries
- Agatha Raisin Books In Order – Conclusion
- Agatha Raisin Reading List – Printable Booklist
- Related Posts In Mystery/Thriller/Suspense
Who Is the Author of Agatha Raisin?
Most of the Agatha Raisin mysteries were written by M.C. Beaton, a Scottish author, born in Glasgow, Scotland.
M.C. Beaton is actually a pseudonym. The author’s real name is Marion Chesney Gibbons. Sadly, Marion passed away in 2019.
Marion Chesney Gibbons’ (a.k.a. M C Beaton) writing career began in 1979 when she began writing romances. She was a very prolific author and has written well over 100 books under various pseudonyms.
In reality, I think she has written probably closer to 200 books than 100, many of which are part of several series that she wrote for years! Her most well-known book series are the Agatha Raisin mysteries and the Constable Hamish Macbeth books.
Is The Agatha Raisin Book Series Over?
So, you may be wondering what’s happening now with the Agatha Raisin books because sadly, the author Marion Chesney Gibbons/M.C. Beaton is no longer with us since she passed away in 2019.
If you’re already a fan of Agatha Raisin, you have no need to worry!
The writing of these books has been taken over by a friend of hers, R.W. Green.
R.W. Green started collaborating with Marion on writing these books and he is shown as a co-author starting with book #31 of the series, Hot To Trot which was published in 2020.
In a foreword inside that book, he wrote that he started working with Marion as she was recovering from an illness that made sitting at a keyboard writing almost impossible for her. As he helped her more and more and began contributing his own ideas to the story, it made sense for him to eventually take over the series.
It’s great to know that, for now at least, we’ll be able to look forward to more Agatha Raisin books. So I’ll make sure to update my list and keep Agatha Raisin in order for you.
Here’s that complete list of the Agatha Raisin series in order.
Agatha Raisin Books In Order – Agatha Raisin Mysteries
Here’s the written list along with the years of publication. You can also browse by book covers below.
- The Quiche Of Death – 1992
- The Vicious Vet – 1993
- The Potted Gardener – 1994
- The Walkers Of Dembley – 1995
- The Murderous Marriage – 1996
- The Terrible Tourist – 1997
- The Wellspring Of Death – 1998
- The Wizard Of Evesham – 1999
- The Witch Of Wyckhadden – 1999
- The Fairies Of Fryfam – 2000
- The Love From Hell – 2001
- The Day The Floods Came – 2002
- The Case Of The Curious Curate – 2001
- The Haunted House – 2003
- The Deadly Dance – 2004
- The Perfect Paragon – 2005
- Love, Lies and Liquor – 2006
- Kissing Christmas Goodbye – 2007
- Agatha Raisin And A Spoonful Of Poison – 2008
- There Goes The Bride – 2009
- Busy Body – 2010
- As The Pig Turns – 2011
- Hiss And Hers – 2012
- Something Borrowed, Someone Dead – 2013
- The Blood Of An Englishman – 2014
- Dishing The Dirt – 2015
- Pushing Up Daisies – 2016
- The Witches’ Tree – 2017
- The Dead Ringer – 2018
- Beating About The Bush – 2019
- Hot To Trot – 2020
- Down The Hatch – 2021
- Devil’s Delight – 2022
- Dead On Target – September 19, 2023
Agatha Raisin Books In Order – Short Stories
These short stories also feature Agatha Raisin.
- Agatha Raisin and the Christmas Crumble – 2012
- Agatha’s First Case – 2015
FAQs About Agatha Raisin Mysteries
In what order should I read Agatha Raisin books?
I would recommend that you read the Agatha Raisin mysteries in the order of publication shown above. That way, you’ll get the most enjoyment out of the series, because the story and Agatha’s situation and adventures sort of advance a bit with each book. Best to read them in order!
What is the first Agatha Raisin book?
The first Agatha Raisin book is The Quiche Of Death and it was published in 1992.
How many Agatha Raisin books are there?
As of this writing, there are currently 34 books in the Agatha Raisin series. Book #34 is expected to be published on September 19, 2023.
Agatha Raisin Books In Order – Conclusion
The Agatha Raisin series is a witty, fun, comedy-drama cozy mystery series set in Great Britain and featuring a female amateur sleuth named Agatha Raisin. If you like cozy mysteries, you may love Agatha Raisin.
And, if the long list of Agatha Raisin books in order doesn’t keep you quite busy enough and you need more of Agatha Raisin, you’ll be happy to know that the Agatha Raisin mysteries have been made into an Acorn/Sky TV series starring Ashley Jensen.
The series pilot was done in 2014, and there have now been 4 seasons of the series. Season 5 of Agatha Raisin is supposed to be coming in February of 2023.
So all in all, there is plenty of opportunity to enjoy some Agatha Raisin fun if you’re so inclined!
Agatha Raisin Reading List – Printable Booklist
Is this your first visit to Looks Like Books? If so, be sure and check out my About page so you can learn a little more about me and my Looks Like Books mission.
Related Posts In Mystery/Thriller/Suspense
- Steve Berry Books In Order
- All 20+ Louise Penny Books In Order
- Review: The Omega Factor by Steve Berry
- Review: Portrait of an Unknown Woman by Daniel Silva
- Book Review: Captive by Iris Johansen
- Review: The Enigma of Room 622 by Joel Dicker
- Review: The Diver’s Clothes Lie Empty by Vendela Vida
- Review: The Family Holiday by Shalini Boland
- Deanna Raybourn Books In Order [All 25+]
- Review: Killers of a Certain Age by Deanna Raybourn
- Solving the Mystery of the Mystery Books Genre